Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Raining; It's Pouring


Rain is awesome.

But before I talk about today, how bout we appetize this past weekend first.

I've never been so busy for two days EVER!! I was so busy that that last sentence was about as grammatically correct as a "Mr. Jeans" question. 'EY OH! But seriously, those questions can be hard to read sometimes. Anyway, usually I have some downtime between meals to twiddle my thumbs, chop some suey, not go on Facebook, and shoot the breeze with the mailman, but NO! Not this past Saturday and Sunday!

8:00am - 12:00am = Work on XC slideshow
12:00pm - 1:00pm = Pick up and eat lunch
1:00pm - 3:00pm = HARDCORE ART!
3:00pm - 7:30pm = Work on XC slideshow
7:30pm - 11:00pm = Contemp Media filming

11:00pm - 9am = Sleep

9am - 11:30am = HARDCORE ART!
11:30am - 4:00pm = Work on XC slideshow
4:00 pm = Slideshow get deleted
4:00pm - 6:00pm = Remake slideshow...
6:00pm - 11:pm = XC Banquet!

I was as busy as a butt that belonged to a person who just drank a bottle of laxatives.

SPEAKING of XC Banquet

Good times! (Literally..!)

XC is quite possibly the best sport at Whitney. Wait, substitute that "quite possibly" with a "definitely"!!! But DUDE I didn't get to say sooooo much in my speech! Cross Country is a permanent part of me (or as I said in my speech, I'm like a tree and it's a "stick in me" [which I now realize is a little sexual]), and I have so much to thank for it, I have so much love and passion for it... but I couldn't really describe it. Random phrases just pop up here and there, but never at moments when I can actually write stuff down! LIKE RIGHT NOW!!

How 'bout this.

Every time I think of something cool to say about XC, I'll blog about it! Very good, then!

More banquetitous stuff, THANK YOU JUNIORS the night was very nice, even though there was always lots of noise in the background that repeatedly killed the tension. And thanks for the AWESOME gifts! Yeah, I already have the BATMAN DVD, but I'll just keep this one because it comes with an awesome Harvey Dent coin.

fuhREAKIN'... Lihan. When people were giving their speeches, I kept looking down at Lihan who had a layer of tears covering his eyes with a face like a pouting like a dog. I almost cried because of him. Control your brother, Eaning!

Later that night (I'm not sure if I'm telling a story or just talking to XC people...), Vero and I played our supplemental XC slideshow that we made in two hours since our other one got deleted. See, we roll with the punches.

Oh, and then I asked Veronica to formal. HAH! Here's how it went down:

Vero: Oh I wonder when Kevin is gonna ask me to formal.

Kevin: Uh... Veronica I'm right here.

V: Oh! I did not see you!

K: It's cool, sometimes I'm a ninja. I'll just pretend I didn't hear you.

V: Okay. I'll just pretend like I didn't say anything.

(5 minutes later)

K: Hey Veronica! Guess what I ate for dinner!

V: I think we all at the same food here...

K: 3 loafs of distractions and one ton of WILL YOU GO TO FORMAL WITH ME!?

V: NO WAY! LOL!!

K: I know, right?! LOLZZ!

V: Of course I will lol!

K: Aite that's what I thought.

Just kidding it went nothing like that. What really happened was that I played a video after slideshow, yada yada yada, I got a date and have to pay EIGHTY-FIVE MORE DOLLARS TO GO DANCE. Who knew girls were so expensive. :)


But enough with colon and parenthesis smileys. (Smileies?) Time to talk about the awesome part! The TODAY part!

So there I was meandering through campus after school like always, when suddenly Jane parachuted from the sky (or I just saw her) and she asked me if I wanted to go on a run! Now polar bear in mind that it was raining outside, on the edge of pouring.

On one hand, "why would I run in the rain..?"

On the other candy-holdin' hand, "why WOULDN'T I run in the rain?!"

I went for the candy and ran. I ran a mile with Jane and Jessie in the pouring rain. And lemme tell ya, it felt SO GOOD! It felt so delicious that I was tempted to spell "good" like "gewd" just now, but then that would be really gross, so I didn't.

For every step I took on the run, there were a bunch of tiny kisses falling from the sky onto my cheeks.

Then we saw some soccer balls and played soccer. We didn't care that it was still raining, that our socks were soaked, that puddles and mud were everywhere, or that the temperature neared 60. We just wanted to play. Even though I lost (2-3), we ALL came out as winners because we had a wonderful time with awesome friends! AAWWWW... but not really cuz they beat me by one point.

Once exhausted, we sought to inform the public of our adventure with a parade through the halls in our drenched-with-rain clothing.

Playing in the rain? That's about as good as it gets. It's times like these that make me think about the meaning of life. (I thought about this on the freezing car ride home.) I think part of the meaning of life is to do just that - to live. Sometimes you just gotta do something completely spontaneous, crazy, and fun to really answer that void in you with a "this is why I'm here. To have these kinds of moments".

Today was awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

today was freaking awesome.


definitely one of my most favorite moments of senior year:)


i hope none of us get sick...

kiweesplash said...

haha. your posts always make me smile.

Frances Castillo said...

awww kevin this post made me contemplate life too!

:) I wish i was in XC now