Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Plans Of Summer, 2008 Edition!

This is a do-something summer. I will not spend every day sitting on my butt playing Mario Kart Wii, watching children's shows such as Ni Hao, Kai-lan, and or looking at Youtube videos of guys floating in helium jeans. I will be productive, constructive, and maybe even a little seductive. My plans for the next two months are to actually HAVE plans.

So, as seen in my AIM profile, here's what I got so far! More lists. Oh boy.

Work on...
Art ante - If your name is not Kevin Lam, then there is a slight possibility that you did not know my career goal: to become an animator! Of some sort. Just something related to the entertainment business is fine with me, except not the XXX kind of entertainment. But I am young and I do need the money... HAR HAR okay I hope that wasn't awkward BUT ANYWAY. For me to shuffle closer to being a pro animator, I'm gonna work on art pieces to add to my portfolio! Hah... yeah I'll be lucky to churn out just one piece by the end of summer. I SHALL TRY MY BEST!

Comiclub stuff - What's the best kind of club? A COMICLUB! Well, a PREPARED COMICLUB! Therefore, I shall devote a fraction of my time to planning out next year's activities and events and stuff. Oh man, get ready for superhero costumes.

FLASH MOVIE! - AAHHH GUYS! Guys, as in Caroline Darren Kristina! WE HAVETA WORK ON THIS... Our Flash movie about our class... first we should rewrite our script. I dunno how we're gonna finish on time. Actually, I really wanna make a flash movie about Batman! I told Batman about my idea of me making a movie about him, and this is what he had to say:
REALLY? ME, IN MY OWN ANIMATED MOVIE? I AM VERY EXCITED. WILL THERE BE BATS IN MY MOVIE? WAIT A MINUTE. WHAT AM I SAYING. OF COURSE THERE WILL BE BATS IN MY MOVIE. NO BATS IN A BATMAN MOVIE IS LIKE NO FISH IN AN AQUAMAN MOVIE. WAIT A MINUTE. AQUAMAN NEVER HAD HIS OWN MOVIE. MAYBE IF HE HAD BATS, HE WOULD HAVE HIS OWN MOVIE. THE BATS COULD WEAR LITTLE SNORKELS OVER THEIR TINY HEADS. HEY, AND I CAN USE MY BATFLIPPERS TO SWIM AROUND. CAN MY MOVIE BE ABOUT ME AND MY BATS BATTLING THE FORCES OF THE OCEAN? I ALREADY THOUGHT OF THE TITLE: BATMAN AND BATS: THE UNDERWATER EXPERIENCE. I'M NOT SURE HOW AQUAMAN WOULD FIT IN. MAYBE IF HE WERE A BAT, HE COULD BE IN MY MOVIE. HE COULD BE BATAQUAMAN. MAKE SURE YOU WRITE MY IDEAS DOWN.
I hate it when Batman replies to my emails.

SAT - More like SAD. I'm planning on taking the test in October (or November at the latest), so I better start-a-studying! And after I take it and the ACT, I SHOULD BE DONE WITH MY TESTING! woots.

Computer building? - Sooo a few weeks ago my dad convinced me to build my own computer this summer. He's really pushing me into becoming technologically adept, which I guess is a good thing. OH DUDE I should make my computer look like Wall-E! Haha, I wouldn't mind DESIGNING a snazzy lil computer, but making the insides of one is a much different challenge.

Go to...
Body World - What is Body World, you ask? It's a thingy at the California Science Center that shows a bunch of exhibits of the human body. Like, yknow, a thingy of a body without the skin so it's just like all muscles. Something like that. There's also this one place called the Nice Body World. It has one exhibit which is conveniently right where I am sitting. Ladies...

A theme park!! - Any one is fine. Disneyland? Six Flags? Universal Studios? ALL OF THOSE?! Just not Knott's Berry Farm. If I go there, it wouldn't feel special enough. No o'fence Mr. Farm, you have a berry nice place and all, but I'm just knott feeling it. BUHZING!

And uh...
Run! - Yknow, I've become one of those running freaks. When I was a freshman I used to look at all the running seniors and they were like "Oh I love running! Lalala! 3 mile love!" and I would be like "Okays guys yous ares weirds" (but not to their faces). They were running freaks. And what am I saying now as a senior? "Oh I love running! Lalala! Rubber track love!". Never thought that would happen. So to keep up with my running freak of nature image, I'm gonna run in the morning until August when I will join my fellow runners at afternoon XC practice. VIVA LA... running!

Jobjobjob - If you go back in time (or scroll the page down), you can read the post about how I got my teaching job! 4 HOURS A WEEK! Teaching kids how to draw comics. The "teaching" I am excited for. The "kids" I am scared to death for.

Art classes at CCC - Everything should be rated PG at these classes, but Dear God, please don't make me draw a naked person. Actually, I'll probably have to get used to drawing the nude, huh... Well, if I get a barebody visual slap across my virgin eyes, I will try to position myself at an angle where the only revealing part is the aft end.

Here's to hoping I am in successful in everything I just listed! This sure is a nice list. I can tell you my love for it will still be strong, after the plans of summer have gone.

1 comment:

Paul said...

hey!
whend you get this???
cool.

lucky...your awesome summer job.


i think im working at burger king :[