Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Something's good.

I don't know why, but today I was driving home from school and thought... "Huh. My life is pretty great right now."

It could be because I didn't have any homework and I was going home to learn some Actionscript like a bonafide nerd, but still, that isn't reason enough to contemplate the awesomeness of my life! (BTW, sorry if I'm coming off jerky if I talk about how happy I am? People sometimes get pissed when other people are enjoying themselves, so if you're one of those people... I'm sorry... and stop it.)

I'm thinking part of my happiness is the result of me being a lot more on top of things this year (that's what I said!). I've been trying really hard to DO stuff when I'm SUPPOSED to do stuff. Ysee, this used to be one of my philosophies:

"As long as I'm doing as good as the guy next to me, I should be okay."

Sadly, this does not apply to most things. Cross Country races? Homework? Growth? Hot dog eating contests? No. What if the guy next to me failed at EVERYTHING? I'd be a slow, dumb, and short kid who can only down half a weiner a minute. That would suck. Especially since I want to be an artist when I'm older! My new philosophy is now:

"As long as I'm one step ahead of the guy next to me, it lowers my chances of getting totally owned in the shins."

Getting owned in the shins is the worst.

So this school year I've been trying to follow that, and for the most part, it's been working. I don't know if this was the real cause of my satisfaction but... whatever! Might's well post about it before the feeling goes away!


Sidenote: WHOA how often do I write a post dedicated to my emotions? About as often as the consumption of cheap food at an amusement park, I'd say!! I read other people's blogs and most of them have so much stuff about how they feel, and I guess it's good to vent. But for me, my Kanga is more of a place for... random entertainment tantamount to a scoop of delicious ink blots in the form of a strawberry filled funnel cake...

Go ahead and quote me on that.

No comments: